Kicking off the recipe series, we have the cauliflower "risotto" that Porcelain Dalya, playing a co-ed, brought to the second rehearsal. This quick recipe can be made with or without dairy, and it can be served hot or cold.
Porcelain Dalya's Cauliflower "Risotto"
- 1 medium onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- baby carrots
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- pinch of cinnamon
- goat cheese (substitute avocado for vegan)
- for sautéing: EVOO, coconut butter, or butter
- In a medium pan, sautee the onion in EVOO, coconut butter, or butter (depending on your taste preference and whether you want it to be vegan).
- Add roughly chopped celery and baby carrots.
- Chop cauliflower and pulse in food processor to get rice-like bits.
- Add cauliflower to pan.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- After removing the mixture from heat but while it's still hot, add goat cheese or avocado to taste.
- Add cilantro, oregano, basil, and cinnamon.
- Stir well and serve hot or cold.